The TIG Welder will be responsible for the fitting and welding of aluminum, stainless steels and nickel alloy products using the TIG process with a great deal of precision. A welder must also be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand, knowledge of various types of metal and their properties and great attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Set up and operate welding machines to TIG weld aluminum components, thin (0.032”) stainless steel and nickel alloy components
· Read and interpret blueprints and drawings
· TIG weld aluminum or steel based on specifications AWS and aerospace welding specifications
· Weld custom work
· Prepare weld joints by using hand grinders and sanders
· Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
· Observe all safety rules
· Preform other duties as require to complete the job
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Education and Experience:
· Completion of one-year certification program in welding from college or technical school or one-year related experience and or training or equivalent combination of both
· Must be able to pass a weld test
· Experience in TIG welding required
Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements.
Apply for TIG WELDER
To be considered for an open position with UHI Group, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. We will review your submission and contact you as needed.