Full Time Positions offers an excellent benefit package including 100% company paid medical, dental, optical, short-term disability and life insurance benefits after 90 days plus paid holidays. We also offer a 401(k) match.
UHI GROUP is a full-service provider of metal components and manufacturing solutions. Having been in business since 1979, we have the necessary experience to deliver complex, high-precision parts for automotive, heavy trucking, aerospace, medical, military, and other industries.
The Weld engineers works primarily in BIW Plants and support various function to help develop and manufacture a quality product that meets all customer quality expectations.
· Work with Manufacturing engineer and Program Managers to identify all welding special conditions for all UHI customers.
· Interface with Strategic Supplier to verify compliance to standards.
· Develop resources strategy for assigned launch.
· Develop a strategy to deploy teams to perform Teardown Analysis on MIG, RSW and fasteners systems.
· Communicate Lessons learned during and on completion of launch.
· Support implementation of new technologies on programs through engineering phase, prototype builds and TT phases.
· Work closely with Program managers to develop timeline to support customer Teardown analysis needs.
· Assist in the integration, start-up and debug of plant floor welding equipment
· Provide support during implementation phase at the plant
· Work closely with operating unit(s) on welding system to improve productivity, cost and quality
· Work with other engineers, skilled trades and managers to accomplish cross-functional projects, provide project cost and timing estimates, and support plant product program launches
· Good understanding of gas metal arc welding and resistance welding requirements
· Implement common welding systems
· Develop common welding specifications and standards
· Ability to read and understand CAD drawings of mechanical systems, wiring/hosing diagrams, and product designs
· 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering/welding engineering
· Project Management Skills
· Thorough understanding of body shop equipment & processes including MIG welding, RSW, Pedestal RSW for fastener attachments,
· High level of analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to interact with multiple customer with different requirements
· Ability to create & execute a well-organized validation project where standardized work is not available
· Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
· Knowledgeable with all standard computer programs (Microsoft Office, Plex ERP system.) – Intermediate level
· Knowledge of weld verification procedures, weld documentation and build shop support
· Knowledge of robotic gas metal arc welding and resistance welding systems
· Body shop launch and plant experience
· Knowledge of Tooling and Equipment Troubleshooting
· Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems used in joining processes (weld controller, weld gun, servo, robot, riveting, projection welding, dispense, tip dressing, auto cap changer, laser)
· Practical problem solving like 8D, fishbone and Green belt type
· Knowledge in drawn arc welding systems
· Knowledge in projection welded fastener systems
· Knowledge of Mechanical Joining Process – Flow Drill Screws, Self-Pierce Rivets, Clinching, Etc.
· Knowledge of CAD Programs to view .stp files (AutoCAD, GOM, Spinfire )
· Knowledge of weld data systems
· Knowledge of Welding & Joining Standards of various OEMs
· Knowledge of Tesssonis F1 USI machine.
· Knowledge of Spot welds Teardown to USI correlation.
· Knowledge of welding parameters for different types of steel and aluminum.
Education and Training:
· 4-year college degree in engineering or other manufacturing or equivalent experience
Apply for Weld Engineer
To be considered for an open position with UHI Group, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. We will review your submission and contact you as needed.